Uphall Golf Club, Uphall, West Lothian, is a non-profit making Club, governed by a committee elected by the members. The Club is affiliated to the Scottish Golf Union, The Lothian’s Golf Association and the Linlithgowshire Golf Association. Uphall Golf Club will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us in this form, by email or by use of our website (www.uphallgolfclub.com) and the online booking system operated on our behalf by BRS Golf.
When you register as a member of Uphall Golf Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 16), we will ask you for the following personal information:
- Contact details – Name (including Gender, Address, Email Address, Telephone Numbers and Date of Birth)
- Membership Category Requested
- Payment Details – Direct Debit Instruction
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
Members’ personal data:
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Promote and encourage participation in Golf by sending members communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes
- Provide competition in Golf by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category
- Provide information about your Golf results in official competitions by email, HowDidIDo through Social Media including, but not limited to, Twitter and Facebook and by entering such competitions you accede to Uphall Golf Club so doing
- Monitor and develop participation in Golf by monitoring members’ engagement and participation [insert uses and inviting our members to participate in surveys for researching and development purposes
- Develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming events, membership renewal requirements and similar material
- Respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to Golf or other Club related matters. Uphall Golf Club’s complaints and disciplinary procedures can be found within the Club Constitution, a copy of which is available on request
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us at: [email protected]
If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
- The Constitution of Uphall Golf Club requires us to maintain a register of our members, which includes our members’ name, address, the date they were admitted to membership and the date on which they ceased to be our member and hold general meetings, including issuing notices and voting arrangements
- For the purposes of the Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice, subject to suitable confidentiality agreements being in place.
Uphall Golf Club employs third party suppliers to provide services, including competition management, Direct Debit collection and online booking. These suppliers may process personal information on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
If we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
Scottish Golf Member’s Personal Data
As a member club of Scottish Golf we are required to ensure that all our members are members of Scottish Golf as a condition of our membership.
We will share your contact details as outlined above with Scottish Golf who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it. Scottish Golf’s privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be accessed here
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 5 years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer to confirm your identity, when you were a member of Uphall Golf Club and for how long.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at Uphall Golf Club, Uphall, EH52 6JT or by email at [email protected]
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
- Any requests received by Uphall Golf Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk